Kid and Teen Safety — Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to common questions about how to keep your kids and teens safe
- At What Age Can a Child Be Left Home Alone?
- Does a Gun Make Your Home Safer?
- How and When to Contact Poison Control?
- How Can I Keep My Bathroom Safe for Kids?
- How Do I Create an Emergency Plan for My Family?
- How to Keep Your Family Safe in Any Situation
- How to Prepare Kids for Emergencies
- Is Your Neighborhood Safe?
- What Does a Carbon Monoxide Detector Do and How Does it Work?
- What to Do If you Get Locked Out of Your House
- What to Do If Your Child Is Choking?
- What Are Some General Home Safety Tips?
- Where Should I Install Carbon Monoxide Detectors?
- Where Should I Install Smoke Detectors and Fire Alarms?
In the car
- How Do I Talk to My Teen about Driver Responsibility and Safety?
- If My Child and I Were in an Accident, Should I Replace the Car Seat?
- Is Driving with Headphones Legal?
- Is It Safe for Two Kids to Share a Seat Belt?
- Is It Safe to Use a Hands-free Device to Talk on a Cellphone While Driving?
- Should the driving age be raised?
- What Are the Child Safety Seat Laws in Each State?
- When Can Kids Ride in the Front Seat?
- What Is a Telematics Device?
- What Should I Do If I See a Child Alone in a Car?
- When Can a Child Switch to a Regular Seat Belt?
- What Are the Dangers of Texting While Driving?